Become a Team Lead in ExamTools
If you are a new VE Team Lead looking to get started with ExamTools, here are our recommended steps:
For in-person paper template graded sessions
- Read through this documentation, including the Getting Started guide and Print and Grade Hard Copy Exams pages
- Get permission from your VEC to use ExamTools. If you are a GLAARG session manager, W5YI CVE or a SANDARC team lead, your VEC will update ExamTools automatically. If you are an ARRL team lead, please send the emailed confirmation of your approval from Maria Somma ARRL-VEC to email@example.com
For GradeCam, computer-based, or fully-remote sessions
- Read through this documentation and watch the videos provided
- Get yourself setup in the
Sandbox environment by following
- Optional: Set up 2 or more of your more experienced VEs that you would like to bring along on this journey using the same steps. If you do not have VEs that can train with you in the sandbox environment, you can use dummy VEs referenced in the instructions.
- Set up sample sessions and practice registering candidates, running the exam, and getting yourself comfortable with the ExamTools system.
- Ask in the appropriate VEC channel on the Discord to shadow another team already running live exams
- VE Team Lead - Once you are ready to run real exams in the production environment, get explicit permission from your VEC to run fully-remote or in-person exams using ExamTools. If you are a GLAARG session manager, W5YI CVE or SANDARC team lead, your VEC will update ExamTools automatically. If you are an ARRL team lead, please send the emailed confirmation of your approval from Maria Somma ARRL-VEC to firstname.lastname@example.org
- At this point you will need to get all VEs on your team set up in the production environment to assist with your exams. Have them follow these instructions for the live environment.
- Create your first real exam session in the production environment and run your session!
- For in-person sessions using GradeCam or devices, check out In-Person Exams with ExamTools documentation.
At any time, use the Discord to ask questions or ping Experienced Support for any specific or urgent needs. We’re all here to help each other out and expand testing for everyone!