W5YI VEC Session Checklist
The following was the W5YI VE Team Checklist as of June 1, 2020.
Overview of tools we use
We use the following tools:
- ExamTools of course.
- Zoom Pro to run the session.
- We “record to cloud or computer” and then save the mp4 file.
- Venmo, Cash App, Zelle and PayPal to collect exam fees.
- My bank account to send exam payment to the W5YI/VEC. ( most VE’s get a Debit card and send the info to W5YI to charge Exam fees to)
Creating a New Session
- Clone an existing exam session in examtools and update date, confirm max number of candidates.
Check for candidate registrations on exam day
- Look at https://exam.tools/ve/sessions and check sessions counts.
- Examtools: Export Applicant List CSV .
Wait for candidate payment
- Get payment confirmation .
- If a candidate responds with a CSCE.
- Check ULS to see if no longer needed. If still needed, you’ll want to merge it into the session report, below.
- If candidates don’t respond with payment before the session, cancel them:
- delete from examtools.
- Start Zoom meeting.
- Examtools: Start session.
- For each candidate
- CVE co-owner/VE admin assigns 4 VEs to each candidate
- Admit candidate, run exam(s), get examinee signature, etc.
- VE’s sign all 605’s pass or fail.
- CVE Finalizes candidate.
- CVE Finalize session.
Email CSCEs to each successful candidate
- Examtools: Open each candidate.
- Email CSCE to candidates using
Create VEC upload PDF package:
- New! Examtools: Export dat and save with default name:
- Examtools: Print Session Forms/Final Forms and download using the default name:
- If you have a Exam Debit card on file W5YI will charge exam fess when the exam is processed. Otherwise make payment to W5YI.
- Upload .dat and .pdf and any support documents to W5YI DropBox ( contact W5YI for details)
- Wait for Zoom to render recording and save
Post session – callsign lookups
- Examtools will Email call signs or upgrade completion notifications.